Gardening Plans This Spring

April 24, 2013

Technically it is spring but here in denver we are still struggling to get out of winter.  Snow was falling earlier this week and it is a bit discouraging when you see so many great projects that you want to tackle for your own home but you know it still too soon. 

Perfect example, a few weeks ago we had a warm weekend and decided to fertilize our yard, spray down our porch to clean it up and put out our patio furniture to spruce up our curb appeal.  It snowed 2 days later.  Insert frustration here. 

(clockwise from top left:  lemongrass to repel mosquitoes  /  clematis to add a soft floral fragrance  /  
graceful grass vertigo to add depth and great color  /  purple cabbage because I love the architectural details  /  herbs for cooking  /  pansies for more color)

It is a realization that if you live in Colorado, planting flowers does not happen until at least mothers day (typically we get at least a couple nights of frost until mid-may… yuck!) which is another item I want to check off my list.  I have seen a lot of great inspirations on pinterest and found some hearty plants I want to put in my planter boxes this year.  We will see what actually looks good once we get to the nursery in a few weeks but if I had my druthers, I would choose all of these.  Updates to come once the weather is a bit less volatile. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime