The 11 Differences in Dating

November 19, 2013
I have not been single for a long time (12 years) but I recently read 2 articles from amy chan of just my type exploring the complexity of dating today. She wrote 2 really great comparison pieces on the difference in dating a boy versus a man and in dating a girl versus a woman.  As I read, I thought about my single friends who are still looking for love but also compared a few of the concepts to my relationship with my husband. And to be fair, I must admit I can act like a 'girl' in some situations. 

So... read some of the 11 differences below and decide for yourself where you fall. 


1.   A boy is passive, a man is assertive.

3.   A man looks for a woman with intelligence and shares a set of values. A boy cares mostly for girls who are hot.

5.   A man has the courage to have uncomfortable conversations. A boy avoids.

6.   A man knows when to invest in a woman and jumps in with two feet. A boy is always 'testing' but doesn't fully commit because he knows he is not ready.

9.   A man has integrity. A boy makes promises but doesn't follow through.

11. A boy plays games. A man doesn't.


2.   A girl perceives herself as a princess and believes people should treat her like so. A woman has standards, not expectations.

3.   A girl uses her physical beauty as her currency. A woman bases her value on her intelligence, strength and values.

5.   A girl competes and tears down others to secure her place. A woman knows there is plenty to go around and helps other women.

7.   A girl wants attention, a woman wants respect.

8.   A girl does not respect her body or who she shares it with. A woman cherishes her sense of self and her health.

11.  A girl plays games. A woman doesn't.



to read the full articles, click here and here.  images both via.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime