Weekend Update // Vail Film Festival

March 31, 2014
An extended weekend in the mountains for the 13th annual vail film festival made for a fun and relaxing weekend away. Over the course of 4 days, we took in views of the snow covered mountains, watched our share of independent films, had a dip in the hot tub and took in all that vail village has to offer. And while the festival was a bit paired down in comparison to previous years, we still managed to make the most of it.

(clockwise from top left:  shopping in vail village  /  swiss chalet styled hotel  /  lifts filled with skiiers  /  me!  /  breakfast at sonnenalp  /  racks of skis  /  welcome sign to the festival)


Our annual trip to vail with luke + krista is something I look forward to all year; we always plan a couple nice dinners while also sipping our way through the many hotel bars and pubs around town. This year we ate at some of our favorite restaurants, sonnenalp for brunch, elways for an afternoon snack on the patio, matsuhisa sushi and fell in love with newbie of the town, mountain standard.


(sushi night  /  in front of the solaris plaza before dinner  /  stella in the vip lounge  /  my husband  /  dinner at mountain standard  /  sculpture at solaris plaza  /  beautiful views of the rockies)


(bloody marys on the patio of elways  /  sunny skies  /  antler chandiler  /  lobster tacos and edamame  /  luke + krista  /  sonnenalp signage  /  wind vane in the village  /  ryan and I after we got out of the films)


It was another successful trip to vail that I will remember for years to come. To check out previous posts on the vail film festival, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime