Blackberry Picking

July 24, 2014
One of my favorite memories from childhood is from a family trip to san francisco back in 2000. We went on an afternoon drive up the coast and on the way back we saw a sign for blackberry picking. My dad loves blackberries and immediately pulled over to the farm and we piled out of the car to see what fun we could find.

As we walked up the endless rows of bushes, crowded with ripe, dark purple berries hanging off every branch, we plopped a few in our wooden baskets every few feet, along with a couple in our mouths. Before you knew it, we each had an overflowing collection of beautiful blackberries to take back with us... along with stains on our fingers. 

(via)

Here is what makes this memory even more amazing... as we drove back to our hotel, my dad started talking about his childhood memories of eating berries with cream during the warm summer months. My mom wasted no time after seeing our smiles, she called our hotel and arranged for an ice-cold pitcher of cream to be waiting in our room with a bowl of sugar.

My family sat in our cozy hotel room, with giant bowls of fresh berries, still warm from the sun, mixing them with cream and heaping scoops of sugar before devouring with smiles on our faces. The experience as a whole was filled with so much laughter and happiness by all 4 of us, as well as full stomachs in the end. 

(via)

I did a bit of research and found some fresh berry farms here in metro-denver that are open to the public for picking. Honestly, it brought me right back to our trip and the fun we had berry picking so I thought I would share the links with you. Maybe you can go pick some berries with some you love this summer and make memories to linger with you for years to come. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime