Restaurant Review // Seasons 52

September 10, 2014
A couple weeks ago I attended a private soft opening for lone tree's newest restaurant, seasons 52. The evening allowed guests to taste their way through the expansive seasonal menu which changes four times a year. The evening was nearly flawless; knowledgeable and prompt staff, cocktails being turned out all night and food that made me a believer that this place is truly a gem in the sea of big-box restaurants in the area.

Seasons 52 is following the 'health-food trend' that has taken over the denver dining scene, as all of their dishes are under 475 calories. However, none of the food was lacking in flavor or made me feel like my 'evening out' was not an indulgent experience. The menu reads a bit difficult at first glace as there are appetizers, small plates, salads and entrees in multiple sections of the menu so, take some time perusing as you might miss something. In addition, the restaurant boast quite the expansive wine list, including many sustainable options by the glass or bottle.




Your visit would be a miss if it did not include an order of the lobster flatbread. The crispy crust of the flatbread is topped with large lumps of sweet lobster, slivers of red peppers, zesty meyer lemon, scallions and a drizzle of lobster-infused sour cream, a delicious pairing to a glass of sauvignon blanc. The presentation alone is beautiful but the well-balanced ingredients was what made this starter stand out. A close runner up would be the shrimp cocktail; the large chilled crustaceans are served with a pungent horseradish cocktail sauce that's super delicious. I was less than impressed with the crab, shrimp and spinach stuffed mushrooms though, the bland flavors did not stand up to the other appetizer offerings.

As for main courses, seasons 52 has a lot of salad options to choose from if you are looking for a lighter meal. I was a huge fan of the organic baby spinach salad with caramelized pears. Toasted walnuts, creamy gorgonzola cheese and a sherry vinaigrette were the finishing touches to this earthy salad. The lump crab wedge was another hit but felt like it needed a bit more acid or salt to bring out the flavors in the blanched vegetables and mustard dressing. If you are in the mood for a heartier meal, I would recommend the oak-grilled filet. My steak had a great seared crust and paired nicely with the accompany of red wine sauce and sauteed mushrooms. I also enjoyed the flavor of the grilled sea scallops but found them to be slightly over-cooked which took away from their delicate texture and flavor.

The food is the real star at seasons 52 but the space as a whole is also worth mentioning as its quite impressive. The expansive bar seats nearly 40 people in addition to large booths that are first come, first serve. As for the dining room, natural elements warm the space along with soft lighting to make it feel intimate but not heavy and dark. Another nice touch is the open-kitchen which is glassed in so you feel like you are part of the action but without the noise.

Seasons 52 will undoubtedly be a success and I can already see myself heading back soon for drinks in their beautiful bar or with a group of friends for a delicious dinner. I appreciated that a restaurant chain as large as seasons 52 would have such a 'local' mindset, as this is not something you see from franchises of this size. I just hope that as their new menus roll out, they continue to be as enjoyable as their current offerings. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime