Eat This // Italian Sandwich

November 12, 2014
An idyllic italian sandwich has a combination of cured meats, a bit of spice, tons of texture and classic flavors. Mercantile dining and provisions has an amazing version of an italian sandwich but with an elevated twist. 


House-made mortadella, thinly-sliced salty prosciutto, fennel-infused sausage and spicy pepperoni are stacked high between chewy ciabatta bread. The sandwich also features aromatic marinated fennel, provolone cheese and a delicious hot pepper jardiniƩre (pickled spices, peppers and vegetables that are diced up small and used as a garnish or topping) that brings the whole sandwich together. The ingredients are refined but approachable and the flavor of the sandwich are recognizable but a bit more cultivated. The sandwich is also massive which makes the price tag, $11, a bit easier to swallow. For someone who eats out for lunch a few days a week, it is a nice to enjoy a meal that is not only filling but features quality ingredients that take a classic iconic sandwich to the next level.

(my itilan sandwich)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime