4th of July // Weekend Update

July 7, 2015
The fourth of july weekend was americana from beginning to end... bbq's, red, white and blue, family, friends and of course fireworks. It had all my favorite things combined into 3 days which in my world, made for a weekend of near perfection. 

Ryan and I hosted our annual 4th of july party and we had about 20 of our family and friends over to our house. I made some fun diy's from my inspiration board to decorate, whipped up a batch of patriotic jell-o shots with my sister-in-law peyton (which were a huge hit... even though I couldn't partake myself) and ryan had the backyard in pristine shape for yard games and hanging out. The evening ended with fireworks at sports authority field as we have done for the past several years and it was an awesome show. 



Sunday was also a very special day in my book... ryan and I were able to have lunch with my grandma and catch up with her about our trip to sweden. I so value the time and relationship I have with my grandma which was why our get together was such a highlight of my weekend. I also had 2 of my besties in town from fargo and steamboat so our bookclub got together for an afternoon picnic in wash park. The afternoon was exactly what I needed... hours of laughing and story telling with the women I adore more than anything in the world. I think I could have sat out in the park with them until the stars came out but sadly the rain wrapped up our fun. 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and made the most of our independence day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime