Weekend Update // Scottsdale

March 13, 2012
OMG was Scottsdale the exact thing we needed to rejuvenate our bodies, relax our minds and restore our sanity.  Right when we stepped through the doors into our hotel lobby, I felt like I was transported into the kitschy-cool 1950’s.  Who knew that this is one of the prime hotels to stay in for sophisticated laid-back style and fun?!?!
We got in a lot of walking as our hotel was right in the middle of Downtown Scottsdale.  We logged endless hours at the pool and I can proudly say my spring clothes will look a lot better now that I have some color.  Ryan and I were up with the sun (well maybe not exactly) and worked out overlooking amazing views.  We got some retail therapy in which I was super enthused about.  We took in 2 Spring Training games and drank a few cocktails throughout the entire weekend.

I guess if Scottsdale had one downfall it would be the dining scene.  Not that we had ‘bad’ food but maybe nothing that was super impressive or memorable.  Maybe Scottsdale is not a dining mecca?!?!  Oh, and that breakfast joint that I was hoping to visit from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives… well it was over 10 miles away and we did not have a rental car so maybe that will make it into our next trip to AZ. 
The pictures sum it up way better than any words I could write but if anyone is looking to recharge their battery, I would say The Valley Ho is the place to do it and Scottsdale was the gateway to our revitalization!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so jealous! What a perfect way to kick off spring and get ready for summer. The Valley Ho looks great! So glad to hear you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime