Fires in Colorado

June 27, 2012

The fires that are burning all over the state are beyond destructive, saddening and horrible to see/hear/smell.  If you have not heard, there are 8 major fires burning in Colorado right now, taking down thousands of acres of trees, hundreds of structures and forcing thousands of people to evacuate their homes.  The saddest part is there is no end in sight with 100-degree weather for the past 5 days.  Little rain has fallen in the state to help firefighters with their efforts.  My heart goes out to all the firefighters, volunteers, those who have lost their homes and all who have been affected by these tragic events. 

This map shows the fires that are currently burning in Colorado and the damage they have caused so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime