Guest Post - Cardigan Junkie

July 13, 2012
Hello!  I'm Haley of the blog Cardigan Junkie, and I'm thrilled to be filling in for Jaime today.  I think she's got so much talent, and I can't wait to see her blog grow as more people discover what I've already noticed.  Here's a little bit about me:



Who are you?  I live just outside Dallas with my husband and 2 dogs.  My day job is at a marketing agency, and my creative outlet since early 2010 has been Cardigan Junkie, my blog about attainable fashion and whatever else I deem worthy of sharing on the internets.  I love playing stylist, reading books, and meeting new people online - let's be friends!

When did you start blogging and why?  I started blogging in February of 2010 at the suggestion of a local news reported who interviewed me for a story on bargain shopping.  At the time, I was disillusioned by the lack of style inspiration for women with average budgets (I call us the $40 skirt people) who cannot drop a 3-digit sum of money like it's no big deal but don't want to buy poorly made things either.  At the time, I was mostly aiming to entertain friends, but the blog has grown pretty organically in the past 2.5 years.

How has blogging changed who you are?  Or has it?  Blogging has definitely changed me for the better.  I'm much braver with my outfits, thanks to lots of time spent pondering new combinations and how to get the most wear out of a single item.  Back in 2010, I wore minimalist jewelry and was hesitant to try new things - my how times have changed!  26 year old me could have never done this:

Outfits for Annie 1



What is something most people don't know about you?  People who get in my car are always shocked to hear country music on the radio.  Although my iPod is mostly full of other stuff and I don't mention it much, I love country music and grew up listening to it in the truck with my dad.  I get my fix on the way to/from work each day.   I can also sing every word of the Grundy County Auction song by John Michael Montgomery.

What is your favorite thing to eat?  I was born and raised in Texas, and I have a sweet tooth, so I have a major weakness for Blue Bell Ice Cream.  I very rarely allow myself to have it because I am incapable of moderation.  All other ice cream is a waste of calories.

Source: fatwallet.com via Shay on Pinterest


If you could have lunch with 1 person, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you eat?  Tough question, Jaime!  I gave this some thought, and decided that I'd dine with Queen Elizabeth I and we'd enjoy the aforementioned Blue Bell ice cream because I think she'd be quite impressed by it.  I've always been an avid reader of historical fiction and have become so enamored with her life that I've branched out into biographies and even purchased a documentary from Amazon one night after way too much wine and announced that "I really need to know more about this - it's important".


Thanks for having me, Jaime!  I had fun writing this and I hope you all will come over to Cardigan Junkie and say hi sometime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime