Seriously Craving Soup

September 28, 2012
I have heard for years now that your body craves what it is nutritionally lacking.  For example, you may feel like you cannot eat enough bananas one week... which could mean your body is low on potassium.  Or the next thing you notice is every meal you are primarily filling up on meat... your body might be in need of some iron. 

(heirloom tomato soup with crostini and goat cheese at Red Star Deli)

Well, I have had soup on my mind, menu and as my meals for weeks now; making me conclude that my body is craving warm autumn veggies, slow cooked meaty stews and hearty noodle bowls to fill me with the bounty that fall brings.  From Mediterranean Lentil at Garbanzo's to vegetarian Minestrone at The Market I seriously cannot get enough and it only occurred to me after looking at my recent Instagram and iPhone photos that I am stuck on soup. 

(rolled out homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup)

(my favortie... dad's homemade wonton soup)

I just cannot get enough soup in my system and I think with the weather dipping into the 50's and 60's, the soup kick could be here to stay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime