Oh the places we will go...

September 26, 2012
I am so excited that my 1st year wedding anniversary gift for Ryan finally showed up in the mail this week.

(From Colorado to Greece, honeymoon 2011)

I ordered a beautiful map of the world from Here and There that I was able to customize with the places we have traveled together.   The Etsy shop has tons of customizable prints that I would encourage everyone to go check out.  The giclĂ©e maps are created on heavyweight, acid-free, fine art paper which was even more magnificent in person.
For my print, I chose for Colorado to be highlighted as it is our home state.  The dotted line links up to Greece as it was our honeymoon destination.  The print is fun and charming without being overly showy. 

(poor Australia, we need to add some visits to this side of the world)

To further personalize the map, I wrote out a list of our travels over the past 11 years and added a small red dot to represent our visits.  I thought about having the dots added by the designer, Carrie, however I chose to do it myself so I we can add our future travels and the map have continuity. 

(the lighting last night was horrible so my apologies for the poor picture quality.  however, check out my new bookends... so cute right?!)

A simple black frame with ivory matting finished off the print perfectly and Ryan really liked that we now have a way to track our previous trips and ones to come in the years ahead.  Oh the places we can go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime