Thanksgiving

November 26, 2012
This year's Thanksgiving was all I could have imagined... all of my family cooking together, sitting around the table to feast on seriously delicious food, flavorful wine to sip on while stories were told and games played late into the evening hours.  

(clockwise from top left:  my dad, mom, husband and sister before our meal  /  delicious Thanksgiving dinner  /  the table was set by my mom  /  our turkey cooking in the oven)

We started the day off at my parents' house and it was just wonderful.  My mom has perfected her sauteed spaghetti squash with fresh sage and thyme and my dad's gravy is honestly so silky and full of deep flavor that I could almost pour a glass and sip on it.  After our meal, Gina and I took a nap while everyone else watched football.  Then we were off to Ryan's mom's house for our second meal of the day.  My mother-in-law's turkey was so moist and their family made some tasty sides like rich green beans and homemade pumpkin pies.  

clockwise from top left:  Gina and I  /  holding up our turkey straight from the oven  /  Ryan opening wine  /  my mom and Rocco before dinner)

I might have had a couple too many glasses of wine (oops!) but that would be the only downfall of the night.  I honestly was so full of love and gratefulness to everything.  I hope you had a great Thanksgiving this year too!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime