Barefoot Contessa // Penne Alla Vecchia Bettola

January 16, 2013
(my penne alla vecchia bettola)

Slow cooked San Marzano tomatoes.  Sauteed spanish onions and minced garlic.  Fresh chopped oregano.  Perfect al dente penne.  Vodka with a touch of silky cream.  Slightly salty parmigiano reggiano.  These delicious ingredients came together to create a rich rendition of pasta alla vodka from my new cookbook, Fool Proof, from Barefoot Contessa.  
 
(all of the recipe's ingredients)

(sauteing  /  can opening  /  pureeing)

In an attempt to test out some of the features and settings on my new camera, Ryan and I documented our cooking step-by-step, the other night while making dinner.  After popping open a great bottle of wine that was gifted to us at our wedding, we started chopping veggies, crushing tomatoes by hand and heating up a big pot of water for our pasta.  The recipe took nearly 2 hours to make because the sauce has to simmer for 60-90 minutes but it was definitely worth the wait.  

(cooking in my horribly lit kitchen)

I wish my kitchen had better lighting so there were not crazy shadows and fuzziness but what can a girl do?  

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime