Thankful // Girlfriends

September 24, 2013
I have said it before and I will say it again... I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of girlfriends. A true friend is hard to come by and to blessed with 6 of the best makes me feel like I have won the lottery every day. Their friendship goes beyond distance, quantity of time together and the amount of time we have known each other. I have become a better person because of the strong women in my life. I think I have also become a better friend because of the qualities they posses. 

(via)

As a woman I feel like having a support system of  women around you is essential. They can challenge you to see beyond what you know. They will drive you to be/do more as their accomplishments are awe inspiring. Yes, they will even call you out when you need it (even if you think you don't) and will help you through the toughest situations like no one else can. Girlfriends can talk for hours about the same subject without any complaints but also have the innate ability to know when no words are needed and can sit in silence with you as tears run down your cheeks. They make trivial get togethers into some of the most memorable nights of your life with a few (or 9) bottles of wine and endless laughs. 

I encourage everyone to reach out to the amazing friends in your life and let them know how much they mean to you. This is something I struggle with doing and am trying to be better at.

2 comments:

  1. You are so, so, sososo very loved James! I can think of a dozen people off the top of my head who are as equally as thankful to call you a friend. LYLAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime