Book Club // Pumpkin Decorating

October 18, 2013
If you did not know, halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. The colors, decorations, activities and festivals all make this time of year completely magical in my book. So, it was only natural to host a seasonally-inspired event, honoring one of the most iconic images of fall... the pumpkin.

(clockwise from top left: all our pumpkins ready to paint  /  supplies and pumpkins  /  mary, ashley, me, sara and lindy)

I hosted book club with my girlfriends this month and took some inspiration from leah at freutcake to have a no-carve pumpkin decorating party. I hit up my local craft store for all my supplies... paint, sequins, markers, metallic brads and washi tape. Oh and then I gathered up a gaggle of pumpkins and invited the girls over.

(all of our finished pumpkins on my fireplace hearth (I love my spooky pumpkin sitting behind them))

Everyone brought wine (to help with our creativity) and I made a pot of chili and cornbread which sounded perfect for a cool autumn evening. Of course, it was unseasonably warm that day, like in the low 70s, but the girls didn't seem to mind too much.

From chevron to spiders, bedazzled to initials, I am so impressed with the final products. The girls loved how all the pumpkins looked together and insisted on leaving all of them at my house. I was completely against this at first but am now loving how they are looking on my porch and around my home.

(my front porch, all dressed up in festive decorations)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime