Recipe Favorites // Thanksgiving

November 20, 2013
Over the past couple of weeks I have been posting thanksgiving tips, recipes and ideas to make your special day beautiful and tasty. Today I am sharing some of my favorite thanksgiving recipes; the dishes I look forward to all year long. Please enjoy.

(via)

Turkey - if you take only 1 thing away from today's post, please let it be this herb butter turkey recipe from tom colicchio. IT IS AMAZING. nuf said.

gravy - bonus points for tom colicchio... his turkey recipe (above) also takes the drippings and herbs from the turkey to make the most decadent and flavorful gravy. I am not lying when I say, I would pour this gravy in a tall glass and drink it like water. Yeah, it is that good.

sweet potatoes - tyler florence's stuffed sweet potatoes is a rendition of sweet potato casserole but instead, it is prepared similar to a baked potato, filled with toasted pecans, spices and tons of gooey marshmallows.  

cranberries - this recipe for cranberry orange sauce is so delicious and ultra simple. My sister makes this every thanksgiving and it is packed full of bright citrus, tangy cranberries and balanced out with nutty cinnamon. 

dinner rolls - rhodes dinner rolls taste like flaky, homemade rolls but come in the frozen section at the grocery store. Save the time of rolling out fresh dough. Walk directly past the bakery section at the store. Instead, grab a bag, set them out in a baking dish, let them rise and then pop them in the oven.



If you have a great thanksgiving recipe you would love to share, please add it into the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime