Weekend Update

December 23, 2013
Merry christmas eve-eve! What a great (but busy) weekend. Between some last minute holiday shopping, my husband's company holiday party, celebrating a couple birthdays and getting together with family to watch the broncos, I am surprised I managed to squeeze in a few hours of relaxing. Luckily, I did a bit better managing my time this weekend than last.

Ryan's holiday party was a lot of fun and it is nice to get all dolled up for a night out. After the party was over we bundled up and ducked in to herb's to hear some live music with our friends jon and becca. It was a perfect ending to our friday night fun. 



Saturday morning kicked off at canvas and cocktails to paint a holiday themed piece in honor of my sister-in-law and mother-in-law's birthdays. We had a whole group of ladies join in on the fun and I cannot wait to sort through my photos and write a post on it. The rest of my saturday was spent at home relaxing with ryan and rocco. We made beef stew, watched 2 1/2 of the santa clause trilogy movies and worked on a 1,500 piece puzzle that is yet to be completed.

The broncos pulled out another win against the titans on sunday morning and I could not have been happier. What made it even better was getting together with my parents, sister and grandma to watch the game. We all had a wonderful time together and I am very grateful my mom was able to coordinate all of our schedules so we could come together. If that wasn't enough, ryan's brother was able to join us to watch some sunday night football here. Afterward I winded down my night working on my puzzle and then eventually made my way to bed. 

As I type this post it does seem like I had a lot going on in just 3 days but I think that is what this time of year is all about. I love being with my family and friends, making memories and celebrating together. If that means a few less hours of sleep then so be it because I would not take any of the cherished time with those I love away. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime