10 Things Every Woman in Her Thirties Should Know

February 26, 2015



I hit my 30s just over a year and a half ago and leading up to my big 3-0 birthday, I did have quite a bit of fear and trepedation of what the next decade would hold. However, I can honestly say I have been loving my 30s and the sense of self I have settled into. So, when I saw lauren conrad's 10 things every woman in her thirties should know when scrolling through my pinterest, I immediately clicked to read on. And now... shocker, I am sharing her words of wisdom with you now.



1. There’s Plenty of TimeDon’t panic. You still have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do with your life. Lots of people think that by 30, you are supposed to have it all figured out. I disagree. You have so much time to figure out if your career is right for you. Or if your significant other is the one you want to walk down the aisle with. Or even if you want to have some babies with that person.

2. It’s Not All About The MoneyI wish that when I was in my 20’s I knew that my happiness and friendships and love (all of those things that make life great) are more important than the number on your paycheck. But, if you’re miserable at work but are justifying it because of some sort of prestigious title or exorbitant salary, I would recommend reevaluating. And maybe even making a change.

3. Relationships Are Everything. The people you love are the most important things in your life. So keep up those friendships, call your parents, and tell your besties how much you love them regularly. They are the ones that will help you through the bad times, and party with you when there’s something to celebrate.

4. This Too Shall PassThis is a mantra that I say to myself on a daily basis. And it’s not just when I’m going through something difficult. A good friend taught me that this saying not only helps you through the hard times, but also makes you appreciate when things are really, really good. Because knowing that something amazing is going to be over makes you appreciate that happy moment even more.

5. All You Have to Do Is Ask. Do you want a raise? Do you want to know where your relationship is going? Are you curious as to how many calories are in those glass noodles? Often times, if you simply ask for what you want, you’ll get it. And if you don’t, at least you’ll have some clarity into the situation. For more on this, read my post about asking for what you want

6. Give BackIt will make your life better. And it will make other people’s lives better. Being of service to someone in need is probably the most important thing that all of us can do. There is nothing more rewarding than lending a helping hand. 

7. Stop ComparingThis is a tough one to follow, but it’s important for all of us to stop comparing ourselves to others. Everyone is on a different timeline. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. Everyone wishes they had something that someone else has. Comparing yourself to others is a vicious, never-ending cycle. So stop wishing you had someone else’s hair or job or boyfriend, and start loving all of the amazing things that you do have. 

8. Be KindIt’s much more important than being right, or having the last word. What’s the point in proving to someone that you know the answers when it’s going to cause a riff between you? Why not just be kind and humble, instead of insisting that you’re right? Trust me on this one: It feels much better to be close with someone than to prove them wrong. 

9. Balance Your BudgetBy the time you hit 30, it’s important to know how to manage your money. Build up your credit, start a 401k or IRA account, and check your balances on a regular basis. 

10. You are loved. This one isn’t necessarily only for those 30-somethings. It’s for every single person out there. You are loved and I hope you know it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime