Recap // Vail Film Festival

April 9, 2015
Two weeks ago we packed our bags and headed up i-70 to vail, colorado for the annual vail film festival. This was my 7th year in attendance and while the festival has been paired down quite a bit from its early years, there was no shortage of fun for ryan, my brother-in-law luke and I over the long weekend.

(left to right: my film festival pass  /  signage  /  the skating rink all lit up in lionshead)

There were quite a few great films on the schedule but a lot of the ones I was most excited about only played on friday during the day. Sadly we did not get up to vail until after work so, I missed out a bit. Luckily the weather was unseasonably warm which played to our benefit... however maybe not the festival's. Every year we are typically bundled up and hunkered down for film after film but the sunshine practically begged for us to get outside. We took a stroll along the creek and then found our way into vail village for lunch on the patio at pepi's

(enjoying the spring weather  /  stacked rocks on the creek bend  /  sunny skies  /  me on our walk by the creek)

(lunch at pepi's  /  fresh shucked oysters at kelly liken  /  my vibrant salad  /  a hand-crafted cocktail)

We also stumbled upon the sonnenalp hotel's ocktoberfest which turned into an afternoon of beer steins, live music, extra large pretzels and lots of laughs. The event was beautifully executed and both the locals and visitors were singing and dancing in the streets by the time we left.

(luke enjoying one of his many beers  /  oktoberfest  /  beautiful architecture  /  luke + ryan with the bear at four seasons  /  ryan + I enjoying the sun  /  beverages and stunning flowers at oktoberfest) 

The festival wrapped up with a closing night party that we sadly did not spend too much time at. After a hilarious and delicious meal at kelly liken, my food coma was setting in and I could not hang. However, before we headed back to our room for the night, we did make sure to pop into the photo booth to take a couple snaps. A nice ending to another successful vail film festival.

(photo booth fun with ridiculous accessories)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime