Book Club // Al Fresco

June 3, 2015
Last week my amazing friend ashley hosted our monthly book club and by no surprise, it was a total success. She pulled out all the stops and created a beautiful al fresco dinner for us in her oasis of a backyard. Ash got to debut her antique cafe chairs; a labor of love that she restored after hours of work. Additionally, she set the most stunning table for us to dine at under the twinkling lights strung across her backyard. 



The weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy a spread of tasty mexican food, specifically these cheesy chicken enchiladas. As the sun set, we lit a fire and bundled up in ashley's collection of snuggies and talked until the late hours of the evening. Of course, the conversation was flowing (as was the wine) and my heart felt as full as my stomach; filled with happiness, humor, compassion, pride and appreciation of these amazing women I am blessed to have as friends. A couple girls were not able to make this book club but will all be reunited next month when mary makes a trip back to denver... I cannot wait.



I have said it many times on this little blog of mine but these girls are my world and I could not be more blessed to call them my friends.

1 comment:

  1. How stinkin' cute! I can't wait to have a home with a yard (searching now) so I can host dinners like that. You said it right when you called her backyard an oasis!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime