Housing Update // Lighting

June 10, 2015
Lighting is everything. It can make or break a photograph, completely update a room or change the perspective on nearly anything. Ryan and I have been in our new home for 6 months now (say what!?!?!) and I just realized that I have yet to share any details about it. 


The house we purchased was built in 1958 and has all the charm we adore… gorgeous built-ins, high baseboards, decorative accents and cove ceilings. Lucky for us, the seller kept all these awesome details but flipped the interior to include all the modern amenities of a new home. Essentially we have a brand new house within the footprint and exterior walls of the original structure. It has been awesome bringing in our belongings while also purchasing some new pieces to make this place feel like 'us'. However, one thing the seller did not put as much detail into was the lighting.





From the get-go, we knew that lighting would be a top priority after moving in. We had not even finished unpacking and I was already surfing the interwebs, scrolling pinterest and stopping into shops around town looking for inspiration. Now, don't get me wrong, the light fixtures in the house were not terrible or even dated, they just screamed 'big box store' and 'not our style'. Over the past several months, we have been working our way through the house, updating many of the light fixtures to not only improve the rooms visually, but to also install options which would provide better lighting overall.



The updated lighting has made a vast improvement and we are both quite happy with the results. We are still working on plans for our 2 bathrooms which I will share inspiration boards for in tomorrow's post. Come back here tomorrow to see where we are at and maybe even weigh in on what lighting options you like best. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime