Eat This // Bruschetta Two Ways

July 16, 2015
A couple weeks ago, spuntino food + wine rolled out their new summer menu.  I have shared my adoration for this restaurant before (read here) so, I was eager to stop in and taste my way through chef cindhura reddy's new dishes. As with every visit to spuntino, the meal did not disappoint; service was near perfection, lead by owner elliot strathmann and jason randall, who oversees the restaurant's bar program and of course, the food was the evening's standout.


The summer menu is chalked-full of seasonal ingredients ranging from heirloom tomatoes, sweet corn, zucchini, summer greens and romesco, just to name a few. Spuntino's renditions of bruschettas might be my favorite ways the summer produce is taking the staring role on the current menu. The funghi bruschetta is their more earthy rendition, where house-made foccacia is slightly grilled and topped with sauteed hunt and gather mushrooms, a creamy caciocavallo fonduta cheese from southern italy and peppery arugula. This version would taste great on a cooler summer night when dining on the restaurant's quaint patio, paired with a glass of light red wine. Spuntino's other bruschetta option is their mais, where the same chewy and delicious house-made foccacia is topped with fresh-shucked sweet colorado corn, rich goat cheese and delicate chili threads. The flavors and textures blend perfectly together and exemplify summer cooking; simple, light ingredients that are not over-worked. 

Every meal at spuntino is sure to leave a lasting impression but the current summer menu has me hooked and already planning my next visit back. I think the hardest decision to make will be which bruschetta option I will order upon my next visit. It is no wonder that this restaurant is one of my favorites in the entire city.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime