Girls Night

January 27, 2012

What a great night and kick-off-to-the-weekend with my sister.  We had a girls only Fabulous Friday starting with drinks and snacks at Delite.  Gina had never been there before and I was happy to introduce her to the easy-going hipster vibe the very 'South on Broadway' bar has.  We enjoyed some delicious Pork Steamed Buns, Bean and Pea Puree with Pita Chips and some savory (and slightly unhealthy) mac n' cheese.  Oh, and a bottle of wine!

I got tickets to the play 'The Two Things You Don't Talk About at Dinner' at Denver Center Attractions for tonight that I was super psyched about seeing.  BIG MISTAKE!  I am no playwright, connoisseur or know-it-all when it comes to plays so I will just say this one was not my cup of tea.  We anxiously waited for intermission and when the lights came on we booked it out of there.

We could not end the night on a bad note so we made a pit stop at Black Pearl for a drink.  I had the bittersweet Fleur de Lis grapefruit martini and Gina sipped on a glass of Malbec.  It was so much fun to just catch up the two of us.  We laughed over embarrassing stories, talked about friendships new/old, made plans for next week and just enjoyed each other's company.

I can honestly say there are only a handful of people that I could do anything and nothing with and be completely happy and Gina is definitely in that group.  She probably knows me better than anyone else and has more insight from 28 years of sisterly memories than I would like to know.  However, I cannot love her more or be more thankful for the friendship and relationship we share.  Thanks Pooks for a great night!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime