A B C D - Amazing Brunch + Cheering Denver

February 5, 2012
Saturday was jammed packed with delicious food, a belated birthday celebration, lots of Bud Light, pom poms, college basketball and time with friends and family.


The morning started off with birthday brunch for my dad at Ryan and I's favorite restaurant, Beatrice and Woodsley.  Gina and my Mom had been there previously for my bridal shower but this was our Dad's first experience and I would like to think I made him a fan.  Highlights included the gooey, sticky and sweet monkey brains, the perfectly seasoned bloody marys, decadent toasted oat pain perdue with Chantilly cream and the rick and slightly spicy, biscuits and gravy (recommend ordering w/o the bitter greens).  The menu had just changed this weekend so we were able to try a lot of the new menu items for the first time.  We are itching for the posole to come back because it is a-m-a-z-i-n-g but we will just have to wait.


After we were filled to the brim, it was time to go cheer on the DU Pioneers as they took on Middle Tennessee State in basketball.  This was a big game for the season as it was featured on ESPN2!  Ryan, Brian and I cheered them on as they were able to pull out a huge win, 75 to 60.  The game was so much fun minus the pom poms the school handed out to all the fans because they stunk like B.O. (a major downer as I did not figure that out until half time).  With players like Chris Udofia, DU is a great contender for the NCAA Tourney this year and we will be cheering them on the whole way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime