Snow Day

February 3, 2012

What a winter wonderland today!  I think we are up to 18" and it is still coming down.  The snow started falling late Friday night and it has not let up sense.  Luckily, Ryan and I both were able to work from home which gave us additional time with Rocco, saved us from trekking out in the snow and being able to stay cozy in our PJs for the majority of the day.

Ryan was on snow patrol, so that meant having to shovel the walks 3 times (I feel a bit guilty but was happy that I was cozy warm indoors).  This also meant Ryan took our baby outside for his bathroom breaks.  Ryan took it upon himself to introduce Rocco to his first snow by tossing him into a snow bank.  Surprise, surprise... he did not like it one bit!!!



I made a big breakfast of skillet potatoes, bacon, eggs over medium (our fav!) and an extra large pot of  fresh coffee.  Rocco took several naps either in my lap or laying on my chest which I welcomed with open arms.  There is nothing better than being able to work and take care of my pup at the same time.

After hours of being indoors, we got a bit stir-crazy so we scarped the snow of the car, bundled up and headed out to meet Gina, Mael and Ken at Pizza Republica for an early dinner, Happy Hour style.  It was nice to get out of the house, have some delicious food and laugh over stories about France, Soccer, Rocco and just life in general.  On our way home we made a pit-stop at Brian's house and caught up with him after his week in Louisville.  A great way to end the night.

Home now to hunker in for the night.  Getting ready to watch the Nuggets take on the Lakers (Kobe, you suck!) and to sip on a Pyramid Apricot Ale.  If all snow days were this amazing, I would welcome them on a more frequent basis.  Happy Friday to all!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the Lopez family enjoyed the Snow Day too! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Valentine's Fortune Cookies! You can make them out of thick fabric as well. :) So fun! Thanks for stopping by and we need to get together for dinner soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime