Anniversary One

September 18, 2012
Yesterday was our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary!  We celebrated at my very favorite restaurant in Denver, Beatrice and Woodsley.  

(Clockwise from top left:  dining space  /  Ryan and I  /  delicious Marcato Cab Franc  /  cheese and poblano enchiladas with sunny side egg)

It is no surprise that Ryan brought us here... we have had some of the best meals and nights together; sitting at the bar, slowly eating small plates of rustic-American food in the most tranquil and comforting dining room.  It is one of the most special places in our relationship that we have been going to since the doors opened in 2008.

(Clockwise from top left:  Ryan's Cucupeña: muddled jalapeno and cucumber, vodka, triple sec and simple syrup  /  the beautiful 'outdoorsy' bar  /  Me with my printed invitation  /  stroganoff with flank steak, crispy noodle cake and bacon-mushroom vinaigrette)

It is customary to give a paper item for your first year of marriage and I found the perfect gift on Etsy but I am waiting on its arrival via UPS so in the interim, I made Ryan a card with some of the highlights the last 365 days have brought us.  Ryan of course showed me up by fulfilling a Bucket List item I have had for a while... attending a Farm Dinner.  I mentioned it just last week but my husband already had it planned prior to my post (he is good like that).  

(part of the invitation that Ryan gave me)

I cannot wait to tell you all about our dinner at Shannon Red Barn Farm that is next Sunday.  I promise to take lots of pictures to share with you too.  I honestly cannot begin to describe what a unique and 'so Jaime' gift this is and how excited I am.  

The past year (and 10 before that) have been more than I could have ever imagined.  I married an honest, strong, respectful, fun and easygoing man that I get to share everyday with.  It was the best decision I have ever made... Happy Anniversary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime