Fall To Do's

September 14, 2012

I know I have already mentioned it once but fall is my utmost favorite season of them all!  This season brings so many wonderful fashion, food and weather changes but even better are all the amazing activities that are only available for only a few short weeks. 

Call me a planner but here is what I am setting out to do in the coming weeks.  I cannot wait! 

  • Visit the Botanic Gardens Pumpkin Festival – this will be my 12th year in a row attending with Ryan’s family.  We pick our pumpkins from the patch, take our annual photo and take in all the beauty around us. 
(2011 Pumpkin Festival)
  • Go to a haunted house – big surprise here as this is another activity I annually do but I had to add it to the list
  • Attend a fall farm dinner – I have never done a farm dinner but I can only guess that root veggies, stews and braised meats would make for a fantastic fall meal to enjoy while being surrounded by nature.
  • Go to a haunted corn maze – I went to one with Ryan when we first started dating 11 years ago and it was horrifyingly scary and took forever to find our way out… and I loved it.  The closest one in Denver is about a 45 min drive but it could be worth it!
  • First Friday Art Walk – the art district on Santa Fe closes down the streets the first Friday of each month and thousands of attendees swarm local galleries for a night of art appreciation, drinking, food trucks and fun.  Last year I went a couple times and I cannot believe it has been so long since my last attendance.
(August 2011 Art Walk)
  • See the ‘Becoming Van Gogh’ Exhibit - It’s coming to the Denver Art Museum 10/21 – 12/3.  I saw some of his work in the San Francisco MoMa and fell in love with the movement of his paintings.  How great that it is here in Denver next month.
(The best Birthday candles)
  • Celebrate my 29th Birthday – last one before the big 3-0.  I am thinking something super small and private but we will see come 10/11/12!  What a great birth date if I may say so 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime