Super Salad

September 13, 2012
I follow Rockstar Diaries' blog and Instagram feed on a pretty regular basis.  Naomi has the most beautiful family and the photography is so easy to fall in love with, it is a no-brainer that they have nearly 17,000 followers.  

(my inspiration salad)

Well, the other day I saw this photo and became instantly intrigued to try to make this salad for myself.  Whole Foods made off with $40 by the time the shopping was complete (I also scooped up smoothie ingredients, a stuffed portobello mushroom and snacks for the week) but it was completely worth it.

(all my ingredients ready to go)

I am not sure if you have ever cooked quinoa before but it is one of our best superfoods; packed with fiber, protein and tons of nutrients.  You cook it the same as rice with a 1:2 ratio quinoa to water and after 15 minutes you are ready to go.  As my grains were simmering, I diced my tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and kale (make sure you remove the rib as it is less than desirable to gnaw on).  

(my lunch)

The warm quinoa wilted the kale and blended perfectly with my tomato and mozzarella.  A pour of extra virgin olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, a small squeeze of lemon and a healthy dose of s+p brought the whole dish together.  I can see why Naomi cannot quit making this simple, delicious and healthy salad in her home.  It might become a favorite in mine now too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime