Thankful

November 20, 2012

Thankful
[thangk-fuh]  
adjective   
feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative


There is so much to be thankful for each and every day in this amazing world in which we live.  Today I would like to continue to share a few things I am thankful for.


The health of my friends and family.  There have been quite a few health scares over the last year but I feel blessed for each day that the fight continues.  I am thankful for my grandpa being able to laugh with me on the phone regularly.  I am happy to hear when test results come back negative and to have so many people I love with all that I am, living their life to the fullest every day.  

Drive-thru coffee shops.  Thank you for being perfectly located on my drive to work for occasional caffeine fixes when I don't have the energy or will to bear the cold.  Even in the earliest of morning hours, your baristas are always peppy and make drive into the office that much more bearable.

Forgiveness.  We all make mistakes or missteps in life and I am so thankful that there are so many people who have grace in their hearts to forgive wrong doings.  I think forgiveness is one of the hardest acts to truly give and there is no better feeling than to know that someone can move past a situation or circumstance.

Rocco.  I am grateful each day when I get home and you cry and wag your tail until I hold you, how our evenings are spent with you cuddled up around my neck and that even when you go potty in the house, you somehow can communicate to me that you are truly sorry.  I unconditionally love you and am so lucky to have your unconditional love in return.  

Breakfast for dinner.  Thank you eggs, bacon, tortillas, pancake mix, syrup or any other breakfast food item for being relatively inexpensive and always in my fridge.  You make it easy to come home and make dinner with nearly no effort or energy on my part and I really love that after a long day.

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast for dinner is the best! If you're feeling particularly hungry and have about 1500 calories to spare, the chicken fried steak skillet at Pete's University is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime