Weekend Update

November 12, 2012

(clockwise from top left:  morning sunrise and faint rainbow  /  broadmoor puppy gift  / rocco lounging on the bed  /  our room  /  weather changing /  steak frites  /  view from our room  /  room service  /  our bottle of chardonnay)

Friday afternoon I grabbed my favorite overnight bag and filled it with a cozy sweater, Rocco leash and toys, my gym shoes and a warm coat before Ryan and I headed to The Broadmoor for a night away.  Our room was just perfect with floor to ceiling windows that framed out the best view of the foothills.  I got in a great work out, took Rocco around the lake, had delicious food and indulged in some wonderful room service.  The superior service was top-notch and that alone will bring me back in the future.

Saturday was bitter cold and kept us inside for the afternoon... snuggled up under blankets watching movies like Forest Gump, The Vow and Roadhouse.  We finally braved the bitter-cold temps for delicious tacos and cocktails from Pinche Tacos.  

(my delicious mango vodka, soda and cilantro cocktail)

Sunday was Broncos and Brunch at my girlfriend Sara's house.  A few of us got together for some delicious homemade cinnamon rolls and a fluffy egg dish along with mimosas and bloodys.  The Broncos took home yet another win which was icing on the cake.  

I can sum up my weekend in one word... relaxing.  I feel recharged and content from a weekend with beautiful landscapes, breakfast in bed, getting that much closer to finishing up a project on my house, endless laughs with Ryan and quality time with some great friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime