Boulder Overnight

December 31, 2012
(Ryan and I eating lunch at the counter in Pizzeria Locale  /  mushroom, confit chicken and egg on brioche  /  Maiale pizza with mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto and arugula)

Last year we decided to spend a night following Christmas in Boulder for a quick and relaxing getaway. Well, I think we are going to make this a yearly tradition because we just got back from a visit a couple days ago.  

I don't know exactly what it is but something about driving west on highway 36 as you dip into Boulder Valley just puts me into a calm state of mind.  The foothills were dusted with snow, the weather was crisp in the 20s and the town felt so welcoming as we drove in.  Just like we did last year, we booked a room at the St Julien which is in the heart of the bustling Pearl Street.  Room rates are considerably less after the holiday but the hotel is still beautifully decorated with holiday charm which I just love.

(our hotel  /  Ryan and I at dinner)

Ryan and I spent the majority of our time in Boulder walking up and down Pearl St, stopping into shops to peruse, warming up from the cold in a local brewery, having a truly amazing dinner at Oak at Fourteenth, watching the snow fall and taking advantage of the sauna/spa at the hotel.  We enjoyed every moment, being grateful for the opportunity to take a little break for ourselves in a town that we love and just slowing down to take it all in.

(shops on Pearl St  /  canniption pale ale and trippel lutz  /  chocolates in every color  /  menu at Oak at Fourteenth)

A trip to Boulder will definitely continue to be part of our family traditions as the years continue and I cannot wait to share my restaurant review with you soon.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime