Lights on the Bay Bridge

March 6, 2013
(sources top to bottom:  1  /  2  /  3  /  4  /  5)

When you think of san francisco, (my favorite city... ever) one of the first images that probably pops in your head is the beautiful golden gate bridge.  You sadly might not even think of the bay bridge which links up san fran to oakland and the rest of the bay area.  

Well, after last night that is all changing because the bay bridge got a major upgrade for it's 75th anniversary.  Artist leo villareal created a never-repeating light display that was installed on the bay bridge and the grand lighting was last night.  The 25,000 LED light sculpture is 1.8 miles wide, 500 feet tall and will be on display every night until 2a for the next 2 years.  It is also expected to bring in $97mil to the city's economy and only costs $15/day to run, all funded by private donations.


These pictures do not do it justice so watch this video.  I can only hope/pray/wish to visit san fran in the next 2 years to see this beautiful live art with my own eyes.  So stunning and one more reason that 'I left my heart in san francisco'.

For more info on the bay lights, click here.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime