Cleansing

January 6, 2014
One of my 2014 goals is to do a cleanse and today is the kick-off to my week long detox. I took some time to research the type of cleanse I wanted to do because this is my first go at anything like this.


I had a couple small requirements while researching... 

 -  there needs to be some variety in what you eat each day 
 -  it cannot be an all-juice diet 
 -  it cannot require buying supplements/pills to make up for a lack of food


(clockwise from top left:  walnut + lentil dip  /  broccoli + arugula soup  /  quinoa stuffed kabocha squash  /  balsamic miso root salad)


I love to eat and I do not believe a cleanse needs to be a week of starvation. So, in the end I decided on gwyneth paltrow's winter detox from her website goop. With the help from dr. alejandro junger, who is a dietitian, the detox gwyneth created focuses on lean proteins and tons of veggies while avoiding dairy, gluten, shellfish, all things processed, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant), condiments, sugar, alcohol, caffeine and soda.  Geesh! You might think... well then what are you eating?!?! Luckily I can say quite a bit.


(clockwise from top left:  poached salmon + greens  /  pan-steamed chicken and broccoli  /  chai gingerbread shake  /  teriyaki chicken  /  salad with carrot + ginger dressing  /  blueberry + almond smoothie  /  roasted + clean carrot soup) 


Over the next five days I will be filling my body with protein and produce-rich smoothies, tons of herbal tea, vibrant salads with homemade dressings, h2o, warm soup and light dinners that are primarily protein and veggies. I am going to keep up my yoga practice and aim to go every night after work. My goal with this cleanse is to reset my system and rid-myself of lingering toxins. I will update you along the way to let you know what I think. 

Wish me luck guys, I am going to need all the support I can get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime