Weekend Update

March 3, 2014
What a fun weekend. Seriously, I cannot put it into any other word but fun. On friday I took rocco to the pet store to get some snacks and a new toy; we played all night with his new squeaky toy and chasing him around the house with it was a blast. 



Saturday morning we ran some errands after a yummy lunch at north. I found a fabulous jacket at banana republic and the fitting room attendant even got the spelling of my name correct, sold!  In the late afternoon we headed over to the dtc tavern for a surprise birthday party for ryan's step dad. A big group of close friends and family left john speechless with the surprise, followed by copious amounts of beverages in his honor.

And then last night... the academy awards. What a great show; ellen did a phenomenal job hosting, the fashions were beautiful and the speeches made me tear up on multiple occasions. We made one of our favorite recipes, ina garten's penne alla vecchia bettola and popped the cork on a bottle of champagne to enjoy during the show.

With the award season coming to an end, I cannot think of a better way to end all the fun. Hope you had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. I still think Wolf of Wall Street was one of the years best - I imagine the absurdity of the language and content in the movie was a motivator to not vote for it. Still great acting and great writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime