Weekend Update // San Francisco

May 6, 2014
Hi there lovely readers. I am so excited to share with you today my amazing weekend! I seriously have a perma-smile on my face. Ryan surprised me late last week with a weekend trip to san francisco! Three days of sight seeing, eating, meeting up with friends, relaxing and taking in all that my favoritest-city-in-the-world has to offer was beyond anything I could have ever expected. 


(clockwise from top left:  a giant turtle in chinatown  /  looking down at the bay bridge from nob hill  /  a stylish hotel facade in union square  /  looking out to the pacific ocean from lands end  /  a quaint cafe in union square  /  top of mount sutro  /  ryan at the mark hopkins hotel)


We covered some major ground in three days and my sore ankles are proof that we walked miles around the bay area. When we landed on friday, we did a little shopping in union square before heading to the top of the mark to take in some great views of the city. The evening was then spent with ryan's best friend from college, will. We had the best mexican dinner at el techo de lolinda followed by drinks in north beach.

Saturday was another event-filled day. A short walk over to the ferry building lead us to a foodie paradise with endless food stands, shops and restaurants, all steps from the water. We had the best seafood lunch at hog island oyster co. and the best oysters I have ever eaten in my life. I want to go back just for the oysters they were so good. After some more exploring through north beach, we made our way over to mission district to see our dear friends chuck and jaime who happened to be visiting san fran from chicago the same time we were. We met up with them and a couple of their great friends for drinks at southern pacific brewing before a romantic dinner at hubert keller's infamous, fleur de lys. Then, if the day could not be more perfect, I got to check an item off of my bucket list by seeing the bay bridge lit up with the art installation that went live a year ago (I wrote about it here).


(the view from the top of the mark  /  beautiful walk ups in lower-nob hill  /  fresh oysters at hog island  /  lombard street in the distance  /  ryan and i at the ferry building overlooking the bay bridge)


Sunday was our last day in the city and we again made the most of our time by heading over to mount sutro for an incredible morning hike. We were surrounded by extremely tall trees, lush foliage and mist from the low clouds that instantly transported us out of the city and into a mystic-feeling forest. A short cab ride later, we were at lands end park taking in the golden gate bridge that was just barely peaking out of the morning clouds. Our trip to san francisco was coming to an end and it was fitting that it wrapped up at the city's most iconic landmark. 


(looking up at the trees at mount sutro  /  more lush forest  /  moss growing on a broken limb  /  the bay bride all lit up  /  panoramic shot of me at the bridge  /  ryan and I on our hike)


Oh san fran, you hold a special place in my heart and I feel like I could go on and on about the energy, excitement, love and happiness you bring. And ryan, thank you for making this weekend one I will never forget!


(our view from lands end of the golden gate bridge  /  ryan and i  /  the entrance of the bridge in the clouds)



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear about it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. I am looking forward to an awesome weekend in low country with everyone!

      - Jaime

      Delete
  2. Great seeing you!!! So glad we could connect in SF! Come visit us in Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime I could not be more thrilled that our world's collided in San Fran. It was so great to see you and trust me, I am going to try so hard to make it out to Chicago!

      - Jaime

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime