Commonly Mispronounced Food Words

June 14, 2014
I recently stumbled across an article on the 30 commonly mispronounced food words and being completely obsessed with food, I found this piece really interesting. Enough so, I am dedicating an entire post to the subject, you are welcome! The article references giada de laurentiis' newest restaruant in las vegas and how her menu phonetically spells out the pronunciation of all her pasta dishes. Sort of a fun spin to a dining menu while interjecting a bit of knowledge too.

As I read through all 30 words, I found myself saying them out loud and then double checking my pronunciation against the phonetic spelling and I was about 50-60% correct. I took some of my favorites from the list to highlight in today's post but be sure to check out the whole article here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime