Cleansing // Update

January 8, 2014
I have reached the half way point of my cleanse (insert happy dance) and I thought I would give a quick update on where things are at. First off, props to gwyneth paltrow and her team who came up with the recipes for this detox. They are quite tasty and I think I would incorporate a couple of them into my daily routine sans-detox. I also have been drinking way more water than usual and even enjoying hot tea without sugar (my parents would be shocked). 

Second, the recipes involved do require a bit more meal planning than the way we usually go about lunch+snacks during the work-week. Most nights I will package up leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day or ryan and I will duck out of the office to go and buy something for lunch if there is nothing in the house. This detox has forced us (in a good way mind you) to meal plan and prep the night prior. It has been really fun cooking together; the two of us in the kitchen reading the recipes and helping each other to make all the meals.


But I have to be honest and say, I cannot get food off of my mind. I think about when my next meal will be, what time I get to have a snack and how many glasses of water I am drinking throughout the day. I am also going to self-diagnose myself with getting 'the bug/cold' that has been going around which came at the completely worst time. The cold layered with this detox has made me a bit lethargic in the evening hours so that is a big negative in this entire process. I just keep reminding myself I am doing my body well and that I only have 2 days left.

I hope you guys don't mind hearing about my first cleanse. It is a goal I am so close to attaining and it is nice to have an outlet to share it with. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime